The Perks of Weight Loss:
It’s important to consider the advantages of losing weight before you set a weight loss target. During the daunting moments of your diet and exercise regimen, knowing the wide variety of weight loss benefits will help to keep you motivated. At some level, each weight loss trip hits a rough patch.
Consider all the various ways that losing weight will boost your social life, your physical health, and your psychological health in order to set yourself up for success. Create a list of the advantages of weight loss that matter the most to you and keep it in your journal of weight loss. And, on days when you feel discouraged, visit the list.
To reap the physical health benefits of losing weight, you don’t have to lose hundreds of pounds. You may be able to lose only a small amount of weight to boost your overall health if you are already overweight or obese. In fact, some studies indicate that only a decrease in your weight of 5 to 10 percent will alter your health.
Losing weight will mean:
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Decreased risk of heart disease
- Decreased risk of certain cancers
- Improved mobility
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Reduced back pain
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of sleep apnea
More personalized details about the health benefits you would expect to see when you lose weight can be offered by your doctor. You may be able to reduce or remove those drugs, for instance, or decrease the risk of illness. To help you develop a safe weight loss program, your doctor might also be able to offer a recommendation or referral to a registered dietitian or physical therapist.
Besides the medical advantages, if you lose weight, you can also enjoy an improved lifestyle. People who have shed weight successfully report:
- More active social life
- Greater confidence
- Better sleep
- Improved energy
- Improved sex life
- Decreased stress
- Improved body image
- Improved vitality
- Improved mood
To inspire you to stick to a weight loss program, the medical and lifestyle advantages might be enough. But to boost the quality of a relationship, some people even strive to lose weight. You might want to lose weight to save your marriage, for instance.
This is an environment where weight loss advantages get tricky. Although some individuals have happier relationships after weight loss, it’s not always a good move to lose weight to make someone else happy. There may be other problems with relationships that weight loss can not fix. And you might lose weight in the beginning when you eat or exercise to make someone else happier, but the weight always comes back.
It can definitely have a positive effect on your weight loss journey with social encouragement, but to ensure long-term results, make sure that you are ultimately losing weight for yourself and your personal objectives.
Popular Myths on Weight loss — Debunked! (Weight Loss Myths)
With many myths attached to it, weight loss is a long road. So, let us explore some common misconceptions, truth, and reasoning behind weight loss in more detail. (Healthy Lifestyle Habits)
Myth #1 — You can lose 10 kgs in a month.
- Fact #1 — You cannot and should not lose 10 kgs in a month, It’s unhealthy.
- Logic #1 — This marketing line has been used by many health centers to promote their goods. It is actually a very dangerous and unsustainable method of weight loss. When it comes to wellbeing, one should always think of long-term benefits. The healthy weight loss range only ranges from 2 and 5 kgs scientifically.
Myth #2 — Exercise is enough, dieting is not necessary.
- Fact #2 — Exercise is not enough, it is completely important to eat properly.
- Logic #2 — For several factors, exercise is beneficial, but a healthy weight loss diet plays a crucial role when it comes to weight loss. If you consume 1 chicken sandwich, you consume 400 to 500 calories, you need to burn these calories by working out for at least an hour. Now imagine a situation where a healthier option would have been made. In that case, a workout of half an hour would have been adequate. Get to know how much weight loss exercise you need?
Myth #3 — Fasting and skipping meals help you easily lose weight.
- Fact #3 — Fasting and skipping meals can never really help you lose weight quickly.
- Logic #3 — Fasting and skipping meals slows down the metabolism, so you slowly lose weight. Besides that, you feel very hungry later in the day and binge on unhealthy things. Learn to get more information about increasing the weight loss metabolism of the body.
Myth #4 — You gain weight from carbohydrates. So, minimize the carbs in your diet.
- Fact #4 — Carbohydrates never make you gain weight. if you take them right. Poor carbohydrates, including rice, added sugar, refined flour, must be avoided. Learn to know more about carbohydrates that are good and poor.
- Logic #4 — Carbs are not responsible for your gain in weight. It is the calories that make you gain weight. The sugar and fat that are also found in carbohydrates make you fat. Opt-in for other carbs that are fine, including whole grains.
Myth #5 — Fad diets help you lose weight more easily.
- Fact #5 — Fad diet is that form of diet for weight loss that actually leads to weight gain eventually in the long run.
- Logic #5 — Fad diets, which are difficult to obey, consist of only 800 to 1000 calories. In the long term, it has many unfavorable consequences. One should stop this kind of diet at all times.
Myth #6 — A fruit-only diet is ideal for losing weight.
- Fact #6 — The fruit diet alone isn’t good at all.Period.
- Logic #6 — Fruits have calories as well. If you only survive on fruit, however, you deprive your body of different nutrients and can face long-term health problems.
All Images used are for representation purposes and are obtained from google search and we do not intend to violate copyrights, all credits are due with respective content owners. If you wish to take credit or intend to remove the image, Kindly let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com.
Gopala Krishna Varshith,
Content Developer & Editor,